Ring in the Jewish New Year with ISRAEL21c and EL AL! In celebration of Rosh Hashanah, EL AL is treating one lucky traveler to the ultimate getaway to Israel. The grand-prize winner will receive two Economy Class roundtrip tickets to Israel and a 5-night stay with daily breakfast at the NYX Herzliya, a Fattal Hotel.
You can also enjoy a great new recipe from our Tayim series. This time we’re making Moist Chocolate Apple Cake – a cake that’s just perfect for the holidays. You can find the full recipe below.
Moist Chocolate Apple Cake with Coconut Cream Ganache*
3 apples, preferably green or pink lady, peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup safflower oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3/4 cup water
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground espresso coffee
Coconut Ganache Glaze:
1 cup room temperature coconut cream, mixed well
200 grams (7 ounces) dark chocolate
1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 175 Celsius.
2. In a medium bowl combine chopped apples with brown sugar and spices. Mix well and set aside.
3. Fit a 10-inch tube pan with baking paper.
4. In a large bowl whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, and water.
2. Sift in dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
3. Fold in apple mixture, and pour into baking pan.
4. Bake 55-60 minutes
5.For ganache: Heat coconut cream in the microwave for one minute. Break chocolate up into squares and let sit in the hot cream. Stir until fully dissolved. Add honey for a shiny finish.
6. Flip cake out the pan when it is cool enough to touch.
7. Let cool completely and drizzle with the coconut ganache.
*The coconut flavor isn’t detectable here and is used for parve reasons. You can also swap out the coconut cream for regular whipping cream.