If you are passionate about digital media and eager to positively influence Israel’s story online, then elevate your college experience and apply to become a Digital Ambassador with ISRAEL21c.
Who We Are
ISRAEL21c is the leading source of good news from Israel. We reach more than 20 million people a year with our uplifting content that elevates Israeli voices.
About The Internship
Our team is cultivating the next generation of digital communication experts who want the world to know the truth about life in Israel. Join our exclusive program where college students aged 18-25 create innovative social media content that shares the positive stories of Israel. No politics, just impactful storytelling to diverse global communities.
Digital Ambassador Responsibilities
- Must commit to the entire duration of the program, Aug 2024-May 2025.
- Attend the mandatory virtual retreat in August 2024 for onboarding and meeting your fellow participants.
- Be available to dedicate at least 5 hours per week to the program.
- Work together virtually throughout the academic year to execute the program and distribute ISRAEL21c content via social media across various online communities.
- Participate in team calls and monthly 1:1 check-ins with your team leader.
- Participate in monthly 60-minute training and skill-building sessions with the ISRAEL21c professional team and guest speakers.
- Participate in a closing program in May 2025 to present your team’s full results of your work to the ISRAEL21c Board of Directors.
How long is the program?
The internship cohort begins in August 2024 and ends in May 2025. Acceptance will be offered on a rolling basis.
Perks You Can’t Miss
- $1,000 stipend: $500 per semester
- Access to Digital Media Experts: Gain insights from industry professionals. Our program provides you with exclusive access to digital media experts who can guide and inspire you.
- Build your portfolio: Craft a portfolio that speaks volumes. Your impactful work during the program becomes a crucial asset, setting you apart in job interviews and future career ventures.
- Internship Credit: Elevate your academic journey. The ISRAEL21c Digital Ambassador Internship offers internship credit, recognizing your commitment and contributions.
- Network Building: Connect with a vibrant community of like-minded peers. Cultivate relationships that extend beyond the program, forming a network that lasts a lifetime.
- Unleash Your Creativity: Your ideas can lead to new approaches adopted by ISRAEL21c.
- Career Prep: Dive into the digital media space and test out a variety of roles. Hone your craft and gain valuable experience, preparing you for a successful career ahead.
Apply Now for 2024-2025
If you will be a college student (undergraduate or graduate) for the 2024-2025 school year and are interested in joining the program for next year, apply here!
Don’t just intern—shape the narrative. Become a Digital Ambassador and apply today.
If you have any questions, please contact ISRAEL21c’s Marketing Operations Manager, Emily Averbukh at Emily@israel21c.org.
Digital Ambassador Testimonials
Judith Rosenbluth from the University of Maryland
“Being an ISRAEL21c Digital Ambassador has given me such a supportive community which has inspired and driven me to keep posting and sharing Israel-related news. Keeping up with and sharing all the positive articles that ISRAEL21c posts helps me and my followers feel connected to Israel.”
Eitan Gitlin from Muhlenberg College
“Being an ISRAEL21c Digital Ambassador has given me the chance to meet people from around the country who are interested in Israel. Ever since I came back from my gap year in Israel, I noticed that there was a lot of negative news surrounding Israel in America. I realized that I needed to do something to change that, so when I heard about this program I knew that I wanted to get involved. If there was one thing that I would want the world to know about Israel, it would be that there are so many amazing people there. Everybody needs to go and visit Israel and experience it first hand.”
Laura Malomo Menelle from Argentina
“I love being part of the ISRAEL21c Digital Ambassador team. We learn a lot from each other. I think Israel is full of surprises. Its cultural richness makes it unique and sharing good news about the country is a way of letting people learn about its characteristics.”
May Solomon from UCLA
“When I first started ISRAEL21c, I honestly had no idea what direction I wanted to go career-wise. I was confused, and all I knew was that I had a passion for Israel, and figured I would apply to be an ambassador. Not only did ISRAEL21c strengthen my love and admiration for the state of Israel, but I also fell in love with marketing, and now have a full-time job at a huge marketing firm as a Social Media Specialist, post-graduation.
I can wholeheartedly say that my internship at ISRAEL21c is the reason why I decided to go down the marketing path, and I am so happy that this internship led me to my career. During my time as an ambassador, I learned skills that will be beneficial throughout my career, made new friends, and worked in a united team environment, which grew my leadership skills. The staff was always there to help, ensuring that ambassadors were always confident, up to date with everything, and gave us constant advice and support 24/7. Overall, I recommend this program to anyone who has a passion for Israel. It strengthened my skills in marketing, Israel, and led me to where I am today.”
Marcella Bluth from Wayne State University
“My favorite thing about ISRAEL21c’s Digital Ambassador Program is the opportunity to create a new light within such clouded times. The perception of Israel within the media is skewed and out of context. People often hate because they believe in a fabrication far away from the truth. I get to educate and inspire people to learn, accept, and respect Israel. Israel is more than just a headline story… It is a people, a culture, and a home.”