The 2018 edition of Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies includes 15 Israeli firms among more than 350 enterprises.
Waze, the Israeli company that has transformed how drivers navigate to destinations, was ranked No. 28 on the magazine’s list of the world’s 50 most innovative companies.
Fast Company also ranked its top 10 picks in 36 subcategories, which include specific business sectors as well as the geographic areas of Israel, Africa, India, China and Latin America.
The regional list for Israel cites the following companies:
1. Syte.ai, for detecting salable goods in photos and making them easy to buy
2. Zebra Medical Vision, for providing lifesaving AI scans at $1 apiece
3. OurCrowd, for combining equity crowdfunding with recruiting
4. Airobotics, for flying full autonomous drones without human guidance for industrial use
5. Fiverr, for helping freelancers get affordable healthcare
6. Insightec, for treating essential tremor with guided ultrasound
7. Utilis, for emitting microwaves to inspect underground water pipes for leaks, helping cities save billions of gallons
8. Gloat, for finding talent for WeWork, Oracle, and Dell using applicants’ social ties
9. Flytrex, for building an urban drone delivery network
10. Forter, for spotting e-commerce fraud in real time
The list of top 10 augmented reality/virtual reality companies includes Houzz, an Israeli-founded company headquartered in California with an R&D center in Tel Aviv.
In the live events category, No. 4 is WeWork, an American-headquartered company founded by an Israeli. Israel’s ReWalk Robotics is listed as No. 8 in the robotics category. And in the sports category, Kfar Saba-based PlaySight is ranked No. 4.