Chocolate, toffee, Matzah – what on earth could go wrong? See our recipe below and enjoy a sweet Passover from ISRAEL21c.
Chocolate Matza Crunch
3 1/2 pieces matzah
1 cup butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
½ teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
300 grams chocolate (2 bars milk chocolate and 1 bar bitter chocolate)
¾ cup pecan halves, chopped
1. Break up matzah pieces to fit on a parchment paper-lined tray. Set aside.
2. Make toffee. Combine butter, sugar, and salt in a large pot and cook on medium heat until the sugar has melted.
3. Once sugar has melted let mixture boil while stirring frequently, until the temperature registers 150 degrees Fahrenheit (290-300 degrees Celsius) on a candy thermometer. Add vanilla and step back as the mixture will bubble up.
4. Immediately pour over the prepared tray and spread out evenly over the matzah pieces. Put in fridge for 15 minutes to set.
5) Meanwhile break chocolate into small pieces and melt in the microwave in 30 second pulses. Stir after each pulse until melted. Set aside. Chop pecan halves and set aside.
6) When toffee has set, pour chocolate over the toffee matzah, and sprinkle with pecans. Let set in the fridge for 40 minutes, then break into shards, or cut into squares.